We can help you with the paperwork to see if you qualify and assist you in getting the process started to receive additional funds that would go directly to you. There are guidelines and qualifications that must be met.
Wartime veterans and their surviving spouses, 65 years and older, may be entitled to a tax-free benefit called Aid and Attendance provided by the Department of Veteran Affairs.
The Benefit is designed to provide financial aid to help offset the cost of living and other specific needs.
Receive up to $2,846 monthly with the Aid and Attendance Benefit
|Status||Monthly Benefit Amount|
|Two Vets Married||$2,846|
We would need the following items to assist you in filing and obtaining VA Aid and Attendance:
- DD 214 (Separation papers) or discharge document All periods of service
- Copy of Marriage Certificate
- Copy of Death certificate (Veteran/Spouse)
- Proof of all sources of income — SS, retirement, employment; interest/dividends, court settlements.
- Proof of all Net worth: (Not Home) but other land property, amount in checking/saving/ CDs/Bonds/1RAs etc.
- Bank Info for Direct Deposit
Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs
VCO of DeKalb, Cherokee, & Etowah Counties
PO Box 680373
Fort Payne, AL 35968
500 Grand Ave S.
Fort Payne, AL
Serving 8am-4pm (Lunch 12-1 pm) in Dekalb- Tue & Fri (256-845-8572)
Cherokee- Wed (256-927-3366), & Etowah – Mon & Thu (256-549-5458)