Collect legal documents such as a durable power of attorney and a living will. If your senior parent, loved one or you do not have one, use this link to download and print a durable power of attorney.
Since Cherry Creek Village is a pet friendly community, ensure they have documentation on their small pet showing all shots are current and up to date.
Create a transition plan with all family members who will be involved in the move. Assist them in consolidating their possessions. If they are moving to a smaller space, help them decide what they want to bring and what they want to give to family, friends or sell.’
If your loved one does not live near family it will take some time to plan a weekend where family members can assist with the move. Get a change of address form prior to moving so they will not have a lapse in important mail.
Cherry Creek Village has moving assistance available. Upon determination of move-in, please notify our Management Team for scheduling and coordination of the move.
Essential Documents to Gather for Personal File
- List of Current Medications, Allergies and Medical History
- Emergency Contact
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Medicare / Medicaid / Insurance Cards
- Organ Donor Card
- Military Records
- Legal Power of Attorney, Healthcare Proxy, Living Will, Advance Directives
- Driver’s License (if they drive)
- Vehicle Year, Make, Model, Tag Number
Guide for A Smooth Transition
- Take them for a tour of our Community.
- Schedule regular times to visit, especially in the first few months to see how well they are getting acclimated to their new surroundings.
- Help your loved one get active in community events.
- Check out the community’s activities schedule and find an event that you know your loved one will enjoy. If he or she seems hesitant, offer to join in on the fun.
- Let the staff know if your loved one has an interest or hobby that they love. Staff members may be able to help coordinate an event to get other residents involved.
Items To Bring That Will Help Ease The Transition Into A New Place
- Family photos and paintings
- Hobby materials
- Comfort items such as blankets
- Favorite sheets, towels
- iPad, radio, laptop, television
- Kitchen supplies